WELCOME TO MY BLOG

NUR RABIATUL ADAWIYAH BINTI ELIS@ ELIAS

Saturday 3 March 2012

EXPRESSING FUTURE TIME(GROUP AFIFAH)

8-2-2012

In English, we can refer to a future action or condition (also the future time) in four ways.
In the above activity, you would have used one the four ways to express the future time in English.
Depending on the situation, the future time can be expressed using 'will' + verb, 'be going to' + verb, the present continuous (progressive) tense and the simple present tense.


EXPRESSING FUTURE TIME WITH

‘ WILL ‘ AND ‘ BE GOING TO’:

Be Going to:
                                                          
USE:
The future simple verb tense "going to" is used in the following situations:
1. Planed events - When a future event that has been planed before the time of speaking.
§  I am going to Mexico in a few day.
§  We are not going to work next week.
§  They are going to University next year.
2. Predictions - To make a future prediction based on facts.
§  There is going to be a really big storm in a few hours.
§  The test next week is going to be really hard.
§  The puppies are cute. I am sure someone is going to adapt them.
3. Intentions - To state the something that is intended to take place in the future, in informal conversations.
§  I am going to be a rich person someday.
§  We are going to pass the test.
§  The pupies are going to make a big mess in house.
FORM:

      TO BE + GOING TO + VERB 1


 

Will:
USE:              

1. The actions is unplanned at the time of speaking.
Examples:
·         I will go to the store today.
·         We will clean your room this week.
·         I won’t do my homework today, I will do it tomorrow.
2. A action that is predicted

Examples:
·         I think it will rain this afternoon.
·         I hope I will win the lottery.
·         I know my daughter will come home late.
3. To request something.

Example
·         Will you come with me to the store?
·         You will do your homework now.
·         I will not work overtime today.
4. Definite plans in formal English

Example
·         I will go to the store tomorrow.
·         Will you help me with my homework
·         My sister will not go to England with us next week.


FORM:

Subject
+
Auxiliary Verb ”will”
+
Main Verb
+
Continue  the sentence
I, We, They, You,  He, She, it
Singular nouns
Plural nouns
Uncountable  nouns
+
will
+
Base form of the verb
+




that's all.
thank you.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment